ANCHORAGE, AK – The National Rifle Association (NRA-PVF) has endorsed Senator Dan Sullivan (R-Alaska) for reelection to the U.S. Senate. The group awarded the Senator their highest possible rating, A+, which is reserved for legislators who not only make “a vigorous effort to promote and defend the Second Amendment…” but who also back up that commitment with their voting record.
“Senator Dan Sullivan remains committed to defending the Second Amendment rights of all law-abiding Americans,” said Matt Shuckerow, Campaign Manager of Alaskans for Dan Sullivan. “The right to keep and bear arms is held especially dear by Alaskans. The Senator’s voting record, NRA endorsement, and service in our nation’s Armed Services, reflect those values. Responsible gun ownership empowers Alaskans to feed our families and protect our homes.”
During his first term in the Senate, Dan Sullivan has been a strong advocate for Alaskan’s second amendment rights by:
- Opposing efforts to deny a person their right to own a firearm without due process
- Preventing expansion of background checks
- Advancing judges who respect the rule of law, including the Second Amendment
- Repealing an Obama-era backdoor gun ban regulation
- Supporting efforts to expand access for hunting and shooting
In stark contrast, Democratic candidate Al Gross recently declared his support for additional background checks on firearm purchases, which represents an additional obstacle for Alaskans who wish to exercise their Second Amendment rights.